Do you want to create a digital collection of 3D objects? Statues, vases, coins, inscriptions, or anything else you may want to study professionally?
This workshop will demonstrate live 3D scanning using 5 of the state-of-the-art 3D scanners (by Artec3D, Occipital, Microsoft, Autodesk, and Cyberware) and play with real examples of 3D printed objects. The workshop will answer the following questions:
- How can I scan in 3D for free or with low budget?
- What type of 3D scanner should I use?
- How to disseminate my 3D collection on-line as an open-access digital collection?
- How to print in 3D my scanned objects with low budget?
- What type of 3D printer should I use and what parameters should I choose?
You will play with the 3D scanners and learn how to use them and play with several 3D printed objects to understand the differences between the various 3D scanning and 3D printing technologies.