ThatCamp will take place on April 24, 2015, at the University of Florida’s Smathers Library (on UF Campus Map) and Library West (on UF Campus Map). Our home base will be Smathers 1A/100; we shall in addition enjoy the use of the new Judaica Suite, just off the Grand Reading Room on the second floor of Smathers Library, and Library West’s rooms 212, 419, and 429.
Please see the campus map for getting around UF’s enormous campus.
Some UF Parking restrictions will be lifted on April 24 due to Reading Days. Lots marked “Any Decal,” “Green,” and all motorcycle/scooter zones will be open for public parking. Parking structure VII, near the football stadium, is a green lot and should be open.
UF offers paid parking on campus at the Visitor Welcome Center in the Reitz Union (655 Reitz Union Dr.). Other, external paid parking options are also available:
- St. Augustine lot, behind 1738 W. University Ave.
- Stadium Club, behind 1802 W. University Ave.
- Lot across from Library West, 1542 W. University Ave.
- Reitz Union Hotel (center of campus)
- Holiday Inn Gainesville (1250 W. University Ave.) (closest to the venues)
- UF Hilton Hotel and Conference Center (includes campus shuttle)
- Other options are available through the Alachua County Visitors and Convention Bureau
- Gainesville (GNV) Airport
- Jacksonville and Orlando airports: both are approximately a 1.5-2 hour drive from Gainesville (the Jacksonville airport is closer; the drive from Orlando includes toll roads)
- The Gainesville Regional Transit System will run a normal schedule during the UF THATCamp.
- TransLōc map of where your bus is now
Other Visitor Information Resources
Visitors can login to the UFVisitor wifi, using cell phones to receive the PIN to verify and login